In this course you’ll learn how to participate more fully in a company’s PLM Initiative and other PLM activities. The course covers all the main components of PLM, and will help those working with PLM in a company to understand the basics of PLM and why it’s so important. The course is industry-independent. There are no course requisites.
The online, video-based course is available 24/7. You can take it from home or your office. There’s no travel involved. The eight parts of the course run on a weekly basis, allowing students to complete the course in about 2 months. The total student involvement for the course is about 35 hours.
The course is built on the experience and knowledge of the Course Instructor, John Stark, one of the most experienced people in PLM. It’s given in association with the PLM Institute, Geneva, Switzerland.
Dr Stark is the author of Product Lifecycle Management: Paradigm for 21st Century Product Realisation, an experienced PLM consultant, and a frequent Conference speaker. He’s worked with companies on more than 100 PLM projects.
Typical roles of students who will benefit from this course include: PLM Project Leader, PLM Project Team Member, Key User, Subject Matter Expert, Engineering Systems Manager, Solution Architect, PLM Sales Executive and PLM Consultant.
Reasons to participate include:
- quickly ramp up your knowledge and understanding of PLM and PLM projects, adding value to your PLM project sooner
- expand your understanding of what really happens in PLM projects
- benefit from Instructor experience, gained in over one hundred PLM projects, of what’s important in a company’s PLM project, what works, what doesn’t
- benefit from lessons learned, success factors and pitfalls
- see ways to benefit your PLM project
- discuss Course contents and other issues online with the Course Instructor
- get answers to your questions about the basics of PLM